2010 was a difficult, exciting, humbling, painful, joyous year. Our family has gone through some painful events, I've had children with a potentially serious illness, we moved away from the farm that we love to a place that we're learning to love, I had a health scare myself, I was attacked by an old enemy and I've grown. And we've drawn nearer to Him who was with us through it all.
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20
So many times over the last year, I could have been tempted to question Him. It's the beauty of understanding and believing wholly in the sovereignty of God that prevented the questioning. I didn't get here overnight. All the roads -the good, the bad and the ugly brought me to this place.
One of these roads has brought me to a wonderful writer, poet, artist by the name of Ann Voskamp. Remember the story of Ann of Green Gables? Well this Ann also hails from Canada and although I will likely never meet her, I have found her to be MY kindred spirit.
She has encouraged her readers and friends to go on the journey with her of marking 1000 (or more) gifts of gratitude to our Lord. So Ann, I'm jumping in :)
And it begins...#1-10
1. A husband who loves me despite me being me.
2. Three healthy, smart, beautiful children who make me smile everyday.
3. A roof over our heads.
4. Food in our cupboards.
5. Hot water.
6. The soft cheeks of a baby to kiss.
7. The ability to work with my hands.
8. For placing me and mine in such a safe, stable place...the land of Illinois.
10. For the roads not yet taken that will complete the work that you've begun in me.